Monday, August 25, 2008

I had another idea

Hey, what if we post our before "fatty" pictures on the blog too! I was going to take one just so that I could see the big difference after I win!!! I am taking my measurements too, but have no intention of posting them. Then at the end, we can post our after "skinny" pictures. The difference will be so noticeable!

Here's a workout tip . . . exercise at 70% of your MHR (maximum heart rate) for at least 20 steady minutes to burn more fat! To figure your MHR, take 220 and subtract your age. Then multiply that by 70%. Anything over 82% is anaerobic, and burns glucose more than fat! Fitness experts recomend building an aerobic base by working out in this range for at least 12 weeks. It's all about working smarter, not harder!!!!

6 comments:

*Karleena* said...

Ugh...the skinny picture sounds great! Too bad we have to lose the weight before getting to post that, eh?! I suppose, if my hubby agrees, that we can do the "fat" picture too.

Thanks for the great tip!!

*Aliese* said...

We'll post pictures and had every intention of posting measurements too. However, for us, we're really focusing more on our BMIs than anything else. If I only learned one thing from being and exercise science & fitness major "back in the day," it's that weight and measurements don't necessarily reflect your health and fitness levels. Yes, I could stand to lose a FEW pounds-honestly though, not many or I would no longer be healthy. But really, Darrin's under weight and actually needs to GAIN weight-he just needs to gain the right kind-muscle.

*Aliese* said...

Oh! And if you're interested in the BMI stuff, even it's a bit shoddy; especially if you have a high muscle mass. If that's the case, most gyms can test your body fat percentage against your muscle mass and RE-calculate it. Don't trust the online ones 100%.

Kelli said...

The thought of posting my weight and fatty picture on a public website has me in panic attack mode, so no thanks :P feel free though!

Parent People said...

I'm with Kelli on the posting of the pictures. Want to see the before...come see us. Want to see the after...come see us then, too!
(Jen, you will just have to remember what we looked like while you were here)
I read Dave Barry on Sunday. I think we will put our scale in the kitchen!

Nathan and Amy said...

Just put the big family picture on the site for the before. Or each individual family. Then we'll just need to all get together again when were done and take some more family pictures. :-)